Performances

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Performances

Post  Pat.young1992 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi, recently i just performed the Haydn trumpet concerto at my college, I was wondering is there anything you do before playing that helps you to stay calm during performances? I was very nervous and it interfered with my playing, although it only interfered a little bit I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to stop getting too nervous before performances. Thanks a lot,
Patrick.

Pat.young1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Performance Anxiety

Post  Allen_Vizzutti on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Performance Anxiety

Experiencing performance anxiety is normal. Allowing the symptoms of being nervous to occur naturally will alleviate the tension caused by fighting them, including hand shake, dry mouth and ‘butterflies”. Don’t try to correct the situation at all. Accepting the symptoms of performance anxiety as part of the normal process and as indicators that you are ready to perform is an idea that takes some getting used to.

The more you allow the symptoms to happen without fighting them the less frequently they occur and the less severe they become. Staying in present time, that is, thinking only about playing the music of the moment as beautifully as possible will decrease the intensity of performance anxiety. Don’t think too far ahead or analyze the music just passed. Breathe deeply and use ‘Present Time’ as your mantra to stay focused and in control. Remember, all great performers experience some level of performance anxiety.
Allen_Vizzutti
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Performances

Post  Pat.young1992 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Thank you so much, I will try doing that for all of my performances from now on!

Pat.young1992

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Performances

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum